Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mr. J by the Holy Spirit through James Lin Yuxi

Verse 1:
I didn't have a million dollars
Nor a pretty girl to call my own
But since the day that I met Mr. Jesus
It seemed like I never needed them at all

Verse 2:
I used to search for fun and excitement
I've tried pornography; it's not my cup of coffee
But since the day that I met Mr. Jesus
I found the fun that's been missing all along

Pre-Chorus:
He came into my life
Restored what was really lacking inside
He turned me inside out
Upside down and all around

Chorus:
He was real to me
And He became everything to me
He was the only One I believed could save me
He was good to me
And He didn't want anything from me
He gave me peace and joy I never knew exist

Verse 3:
I was suicidal, lustful and loveless
Low self-esteem didn't help things much
But since the day that I met Mr. Jesus
All those feelings have all gone away

Verse 4:
I've been to church and it's not all they say
God doesn't speak, even on Sundays
But since the day that I met Mr. Jesus
I think I must have been deaf all these years


On Sunday, I was with Xin Long at Bukit Batok bus interchange when I saw with the corner of my eye someone approaching fast. When I looked around, I was shocked and drew back fast.

It was a toilet cleaner man with boils all over his face and body. I don't know the facial expression I had but I was really shocked because everything happened so fast.

This man became real angry and shouted at me, saying that my parents didn't teach me manners. I said sorry and I felt real sorry for him.

I felt rather ashamed of what I did because I remember that Jesus was moved with compassion when He saw lepers. I was moved with fear. Unknown to me, my parents and society had placed a stigma in my head to avoid such people for fear of contagious diseases.

I pray that one day I will not draw back but draw near to these people who need the love of Jesus most. Because if I cannot even do that slightest gesture of love, all I am is a religious person, like the Pharisees, Sadducces and scribes. May He one day use me to minister to these people. It would be my most humbling, sincere and courageous service to Him.

FUN STUFF

1. What guitar chord do Christians like most?
Ans: Gsus

2. What do you call a really irritating girl?
Ans: Ladybug

Miss Gideon



Miss En Kai



Angry Monkey

No comments:

skeletons in my closet