Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Prayer of Jamez

Give me the peace and joy that once did guard my heart
Grant me mercy and patience that I may change for the better
Cause my heart to be soft, humble and obedient
Show me hope that I may not despair in tough times


Teach me to know Your truth, wisdom and knowledge
Teach my heart to revere and fear You
Teach my spirit to hunger for the secret things I do not know of
Give me faith to believe, pray and wait for the promises


Give me humility to look at my own mistakes and not of others'
Grant me wisdom to give the answer to the questions in their hearts
Give me hope because it never disappoints even the brokenhearted
Grant me joy and peace so I may be a bearer of these to people I meet


Let me focus on Your promises, Your Will and Your Word
I bow to You, Almighty God, who does impossible things
The Miracle Man and the Remedy for my inconsistencies
Let me hear Your delight in my worship


Let Your sweet Spirit indwell me again
Sweep this house clean and then lock the doors
Teach me to love the unlovable
That I may be loved by You

No comments:

skeletons in my closet