Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
Monday, December 29, 2003
Today's entry's going to be a rather long one. First I shall start with the Nissi Christmas Party I attended. It was the warmest and greatest party I ever had. It wasn't like the fun I had but more like the close-knittedness those at the party shared and also the presence of God. We played Christmas and Christian songs while we had potluck. We also shared about who we appreciated and it was a rather teary and sad time sharing. Some people cried; I did while I was praying. I also saw the change in my life; I no longer desired to receive many presents. This made me more content and happy and I was no longer troubled and saddened by the lack of gifts. On saturday, I was somewhat made to go along with my family on a Residents' Committee outing to Pulau Ubin organized by my dad. I didn't really want to go but the Bible said "Honour your father and your mother..." and so I did. I really didn't want to miss church but I guess I haven't really been out with my parents for a long time. As for yesterday, I went with Walter and Zhi Hao to Delphine's church for their Christmas Service. It was great though; although I slept during their sermon because I had a fever. But I managed to get well enough to sing and jump later at the end when they had another praise and worship session. For today, I didn't do very much as I was sick. I only managed to read abit of a Christian book meant to show the state of the world to a non-christian. Jia Guang's reading it too. Hope he comes round and join our friendly and warm family. I read the blogs of Delphine and Bernice. It seems that they're sad because the Funkalistas outing didn't work out. But I guess they had to learn now or later. No matter how many friends you make, you'll still feel lonely one day, even if you have 10 good friends. The truth is that the lonliness human beings feel all the time are actually the hunger for God in their hearts. No one can be truly happy without God. If this isn't true, then why do lengendary hotshots like Elvis and tycoons feel so lonely? Elvis died from a drug overdose. Isn't that weird? I'll leave all these for you to ponder about. Please approach or contact me if you're interested to know more about God...
No comments:
Post a Comment