Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
Thursday, December 25, 2003
Today was a pretty exhausting but nevertheless fun day. I went to play badminton with Meryl, Walter, Yen Hui, Wan Jing, WJ's boyfriend and his friend, and Jia Guang. After playing badminton for two hours, we went to watch School Of Rock, which was a really good and funny show. It was about this rock and roll guitarist, acted by Jack Black, who is kicked out of his band and one day decides to teach some kids as a temporary teacher to get some money for the rent. The problem is he's not qualified to be one and the job was for his roommate. But the talented kids amazed him and he taught them how to rock, and yes, roll. I would give it 4 cupcones if I was Carrie Chong. Next up was attending Walter's church's Christmas service. It was pretty nice; everyone was calling Jia Guang Donald because Walter introduced him this way and also, we received some Christmas presents though it was a gift exchange and we didn't bring any. I'm really starting to like Christian songs a lot; most of them sound so nice and soulful and unlike the pop crap I was listening to. Okay, maybe they did sound nice but the love they sing about cannot be felt by the listener. The songs Ginny Owens, Vineyard, Jars Of Clay, Hillsongs and Sonic Flood are what I call music that has a meaningful purpose. If I could, I would like to be in a band like this or just a solo singer praising and worshipping God. Man, I could spend my whole life doing this... Haha, I'm so happy because tomorrow I'm going to a cellgroup Christmas Party. Oh yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment