Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Thursday, January 08, 2004

I feel like I've received my calling in life, or at least for the next two or three years. After asking many FAQs and other questions about Polytechnic life, I found out that it wasn't so bad. In fact, I feel it's better than JC life. No offence to JC students... Firstly, 'Poly' students have a rather relaxing and fun time; they have few exams compared to JC students and their homework comes mostly in the form of projects. Secondly, even though 'Poly' students have to study for three years for their 'A' levels, they only need to study for 3 years in University instead of the 4 years JC students take to finish the courses. So this means that it's the same period of studying for both 'Poly' and JC students. Thirdly, 'Poly' students are qualified to work in the adult workforce the moment they get a diploma. JC students can't do the same because what they learn are mostly theoretical stuff while 'Poly' students have a more practical learning environment. I'm going to do Mass Communications in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Mass Communications is a really interesting and fun course that I had always wanted to take, that is if I had known it existed. I'm choosing NAP because it's near my church and also because it has a reputation for turning out good MC students. Today I watched a really nice programme called "Touch:The Forgotten Sense" on National Geographic. It was really informative and educational. It made me realize that touch is one of the most important senses of our body. Also, our sense of touch is a really complex system and it can give out different messages to different people. A boss may pat an employee on the back to show his/her concern but the employee might feel that the boss is showing off his superiority and authority to him. I mean you normally won't pat your boss on the back right? It would be awkward and rather inappropriate. I was rather irritated by a commercial on the January 4 landing of a robot called Robosphere or something on Mars. It said something like "This is the answer to one of life's most elusive question: Are We Alone?". I find it strange that some people would rather spend millions of dollars to make and send a metallic toy to Mars than to save the millions of people living in a place on Earth called South Africa. So what if we find more intelligent beings on other planets elsewhere? If we cannot even save people on our Earth, what's the purpose of finding more intelligent beings? What if the intelligent beings need help? Are people on Earth less intelligent or less worth spending money on than aliens? I find that this world is lost, without any true and meaningful direction in life. Is the question of whether we are alone in this universe truly baffling? The answer is no and the answer to that 'elusive' question can be found in the Bible. Yes, we're the only life in this universe. Is it so hard to believe that? Why must Man be so stubborn and choose to think otherwise? And perhaps the answer to one of life's other 'elusive' question can be answered easily by the Bible. The question is "What is life?". The answer to that is the same one I gave to Dhaniah as we were discussing about religions the other day. Life is a journey to determine the afterlife. You either go to Heaven or Hell. You will not cease to exist; you will either suffer the torments of Hell or enjoy the joys of Heaven. And you're either for God or against God. You can't just shrug and say that you're neutral or a free thinker. You'll still end up in Hell in the end, just like other free thinkers, atheists, non-believers, believers of other religions and 'Christians' who are not truly Christians. This is life's most important question and the answer you give will be the most important decision you'll ever make. Are you for God or against him? The choice is yours...

No comments:

skeletons in my closet