Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
Wednesday, March 31, 2004
I've been busy helping out at church so I haven't had much time to blog. Well, it is really nice to serve God, especially when there's no money involved, because then you're not doing it for the money but for God. I've been experimenting with fasting and intensive praying in tongues and I must say these spiritual acts get you real close to God. I'm now more intimate with God than ever, even though I'm still not very sensitive to the Spirit's promptings. Praying and interceding for people daily has also been part of my daily activities and it's really refreshing to pray for people rather than yourself. I also realized the attribute that was lacking in my life and me-discipline. God spoke through Pastor Daniel and told me during the altar call that I need discipline. It's true, considering that I once had a motto that declared that no discipline is the best discipline. I was never the goody two shoes who even desire discipline. But after bearing the light yoke of the Lord this few months, I must say that Godly discipline is the best discipline after all. I've never loved discipline, patience or responsibility as much as I do now. In fact, many know me to be the last person to ever try to be responsible, patient or even disciplined. I'm just so glad that I'm getting closer and closer to God each day while serving Him. My rewards have been precious and immaterial, building up my character and knowledge of God, management and the history of the church. And today, God even showed me how faithful He was by supplying my financial needs just when I was starting to worry about it. Just goes to show that He never fails to fulfil his promises. I just bought an NKJV Bible on Sunday and it's just so much more God-inspired and accurate than my NIV Bible(Non-Inspired Version). I just want to recommend those who are still using NIV Bibles to get NKJV ones. There's 695+ faults in NIV Bible, which is alot. And the NIV Bible was translated inaccurately because of the motley crew of 'Christians' and non-Christians translators. However, don't throw them away just yet. You might still need it to understand what the some of the NKJV verses are talking about. I don't think I did too well for my interview at Ngee Ann Polytechnic so I'll probably go to Singapore Polytechnic instead. I shall find out what would be my institute of education for the next three years on Friday. I'll leave you with a phrase that I found interesting while reading My Daily Bread. There are many ways to draw a crooked line but only one way to draw a straight line. Get what I mean?
No comments:
Post a Comment