Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
Monday, April 12, 2004
I'm now at my church's office, slacking around after a day's work. It's pretty cool working for God; it really gives me a purpose and meaning. A job without a meaningful purpose is just a mundane chore. Talk about job satisfication. Talking about this, I shall relate to you an incident that happened to me about a week ago. I was going home on the Mass Rapid Transit one night a week ago when I decided to top up my farecard. So I went to the guys in the control station. The staff who attended to me was a man in his late fourties or so. First thing he asked me was what's my identification card number, after he took my card to examine it at a closer distance. I read it out and he didn't seem too convinced. After that, he told me to take off the Powerpuff Girls stickers I had all over my EZ-Link card when I got home. Actually, he didn't even have the authority to ask me to do that. We were required to pay a personalization fee when we made the cards, so the card was our property anyway. I didn't really mind his attitude until he remarked about something. I was eating carrot cake in front of him and he said one thing that really made me mad. He told me not to eat it in front of him or he would summon me. That was the last straw and I told him straight in the face, " You better not show me your attitude or I'll complain you.". He kept silent, nodding slightly. He must have thought I was like the primary school kids he bullies. How wrong he was. How wrong he was when he thought he had a lot of authority and power over people. This is a classic example of the employee taking the frustration of their lack of a purpose in their jobs on the consumers. Who could blame them? There's absolutely no meaning in life if there's no God in our lives. Many renowned philosophers have failed to find anything that was meaningful in the secular world. And talking about the Mass Rapid Transit, have anyone realised that the red cylindrical rubbish bins that were there have disappeared? I'm guessing that it's a psychological measure that the staff working there are using to cut down on the number of people eating and drinking in trains and the train stations. And I must say that it's pretty ingenious and effective. They must have finally realized that it was absurd and futile to fine a person $500 for eating or drinking in trains and train stations. Well, there's nothing much that happened last week, or at least there's nothing much I can talk about that most of the people who read my blog will understand anyway. Gotta go... God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment