Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Monday, July 18, 2005

When I heard Wan Ping's sermon about Jonah 2 weeks ago, God brought a verse to my mind - When Jesus saw the crowds, He was moved with compassion for them. I never really thought about this before but now I realise that Jesus saw people very differently. When I go to school or a crowded place like the MRT or bus, all I see are people. I still don't feel love or compassion for them and I don't really see beyond what they are showing me. Jesus saw the individuals in the multitude and saw each of them for who they were-weak, troubled and dissatisfied with life. Jesus didn't view them as sinners or people that He should shun but loved them as they were. I feel that God is telling me that love and compassion are the keys to the souls of men. Until I see them as Jesus did, I won't be able to do what Jesus did. If I have all the gifts but not love, all I will ever be is a hypocrite who acts really well. And like Silvestre says, the world won't be convinced by our acts because they've seen the best actors and actresses in Hollywood.

The second thing we need is hunger. God works on the principle that He'll give you what you really desire for-Ask and you'll receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you. Our Heavenly Father won't force spiritual food down your throat. He won't feed you when you're not hungry. One of the beautitudes in the book of Matthew declares, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." Are we hungry for things to go the right way, God's way? Are we hungry enough to fast and pray for the people? I think God wants us to fast so that we would remember hunger, especially in Singapore where food is abundant. Look at Thailand and other poverty-stricken nations. When the Gospel reaches their ears, miracles and signs happen. Why? because they knew hunger so well and they sure was hungry for the riches of the Kingdom.

Let's begin to pray that God will put a love in us for other people and a hunger for His Kingdom that this world cannot satisfy.

No comments:

skeletons in my closet