I am at Silvestre's house now, after going for mission training, dinner at Lot 1, Pastor Daniel's house and a long walk and talk with Silvestre all over Choa Chu Kang.
I really admire him for his maturity, understanding and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit. In countless situations he has shown that being led by the Spirit produces awesome results. I have always been solving problems with my mind in a logical manner. However, head knowledge is not heart knowledge(faith), which pleases God and produces results that God wants. Concerning spiritual matters like manifestations, demonizations and conflict resolutions, you cannot afford to be insensitive to the Holy Spirit. I have been in situations where the gift of the gab and mental prowess are useless against the principalities and powers of the air who are well-acquainted with smart alecks like me. However, under Silvestre's obedience and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, I have seen results that increase my faith that God is true and working in our daily lives.
Acts 3:6 - Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”
Someone once looked at the Church and boasted proudly, "The Church can no longer say 'Silver and gold I do not have'. To this his wise friend quickly rebutted, "But neither can She say 'In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.'"
The Acts Church was booming with miracles and signs because they were sensitive to the Holy Spirit. I want that so much: to be guided by the Spirit so that I can guide people into the truth.
I see so many people who are helpless and in need of Jesus but would not come to church because they cannot or do not want to. Sometimes I wished my light would shine so brightly they would believe. I also wondered what I could do to bring Jesus to them, not the other way around. What did I have to do to be able to speak prophecies into their lives, telling them what they need to hear? What practical help could I give that would deeply impact their lives?
I see my weaknesses so clearly; the wretchedness of my flesh, heart and mind polluted by the seed of knowledge of good and evil. After the talk with him, I realized that in many things I am an extreme polarizer. This means I have a narrow view of the world as being black(wrong) and white(right), with no grey areas. Somehow, my perception and interpretation of things are worlds apart from what God wants to tell me. I overgeneralise everything and therefore restrain myself and others from many grey areas that God allows me to dwell in. No wonder I had so many false or flawed teachings. I do have the makings of a cult leader. Take whatever I write, say and do with two pinches of salt.
My stubborness, immaturity, insecurity and ill-discipline are a dread to me. But by now I have realized that God is the One who transforms us. No one can change their own weaknesses by their own strength or might. For me, I have always been stubborn but of recent times been trying to change that. I had to have my own weird style of playing badminton, basketball, volleyball, guitar and doing things.
I am going for missions soon, on the 11th. Please pray for me. For the past two mission trips, the devil always played on my oversensitivity to people's comments to make wrong assumptions. I had enough of spending my energy and time on tackling those stupid thoughts. Anyway, I got to go. Enjoy my jokes...
2 New Jokes/Riddles That No One Laughed At
1. Qn: Why can't you have chendol, ice kachang and bobo chacha in the Army?
Ans: They will punish des(s)erters. (Deserters are army personnel who escape from serving national service or fighting a war)
2. Qn: If a guy's middle name is Norman, what is his first name? (It's not Harvey and this riddle/joke was not meant to hurt guys named Norman)
Ans: Neitherwoman (There is always a 'neither' preceding a 'nor', with the words after 'neither' and 'nor' being mutually exclusive)
Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
1 comment:
hey.. ii larrfed at your jokes okay? your jokes are always so nice lar. =) heex. takkaire! and create more jokes leh~ luurve ya brother! =D
Post a Comment