Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

“The Prodigal Son” by the Holy Spirit through James Lin Yuxi

Verse 1:
I once had a life
I once lived on high
But now, I am despised
With no friends because I

Pre-Chorus 1:
Asked for my inheritance
Travelled to far away Sin City
I’ve wasted and now I am wasted
All my days feeding swine

Chorus 1:
Sin City didn’t satisfy my hunger
My Father’s servants are fed much better
No true friend is in that city of pleasure
Only slave drivers, the Devil and liars

Verse 2:
In my Father’s House are many rooms
Filled with treasures of Heaven
His servants are clothed in silver
Looking at my rags, I wonder

Pre-Chorus 2:
If I went back to my Father
Would He even hire me
If I said I was sorry
Would He think I meant it

Chorus 2:
Well, I went back to my Father
Who celebrated my return with His angels
He ran to me when He saw me
Put a ring on my finger

Bridge:
Now, don’t judge me, my brother
Or be jealous in your anger
For I was lost but mercy found me
I was dead but grace revived me



It was so fun recording this song. This is the first time I have tried to record my songs with both the guitar and keyboard. So please don't mind my beginner keyboard skills. There are 3 versions: guitar only, keyboard only and combined. Kindly do tell me which one is the best to be posted as the final one. I seriously cannot hear the difference.

This song is written upon the parable of the lost son found in Luke 15:11-32. I was very impressed by this parable of God's forgiveness, the ultimate kind that only He can give. In contrast to the Father's behaviour, the prodigal's son own brother, was the jealous, angry and judgemental legalist. Read more about this story on the April 15, 2006 entry.

In my previous entry, I mentioned going to work for this place in Commonwealth. Well, I'm not, because my friends are not working there anymore, it's an alcoholic bar and my best friend, who has long work experience, says I am underqualified, not in these exact words, of course.

So I have been stuck at home for the last 2 weeks. The first week, I decided to take a break after I ended school on last Monday. I had prayer meeting on last Wednesday watching "High School Musical", which, by the way, is a very nice teenage flick. I had a good time of fellowship with Leona and Xin Long at his house watching "Click" and playing basketball. I had my sister's birthday party on last Friday.

This week, I tried looking for jobs at adecco.com and also mandy.com, but to my disappointment, none can fix me up for a job that lasts 2 weeks, before I go for the mission trip. I was going to try Ben and Jerry's at the Zoo, which is a few bus stops away from my house in Kranji, but I cannot bear to lie to them.

They probably expect you to work for at least 6 months as that would be economically viable for them. I only have 2 months, tops, to work for them before my attachment starts. Many people have told me to lie, as it is the usual practice, but I do not want to. It's just not what Christ would do. So what I am going to do is look through the Classifieds and hope to find a literally temporary job.

Anyway, Gary, the newcomer I mentioned is doing very well in our cellgroup. Honestly, I think God has given us this 'breakthrough kid' to encourage us. Till now, I still cannot believe such a guy exists.

He never heard about Christ before and he had friends who are opposed to Christ, people who would mock Leona for sharing to them. But when he came to church 2 weeks ago, I shared to him and he readily believed in the foolishness of the Gospel. I tell you that only God can draw people to believe in what seems impossible to the natural person. He has officially accepted Christ and even hopes to go for mission trip this year.

He's the first newcomer that is so friendly and receptive to lessons. He's so welcoming that I feel like the newcomer. Haha, he responds well to New Life lessons, and I am not even teaching half as well as I did before. But yet, he can answer questions from New Life Lesson 2 from what was taught in New Life Lesson 1. That shows that he's listening. He's reading the Book of Luke and he told me it was so interesting to read. His mom knows he is coming to church and she did not mind too much.

I am as surprised as Paul was when he bore much fruit in Corinth after failure in another city. I remember Pastor Daniel telling us in Bible Study that Paul had shared using the intellectual approach in Greece, I think, to futility. But just when he had lost faith in himself, he found faith in the God who speaks personally to those He seeks to save. The Corinthian Church was proof of God's success in the failure of men.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 2:1-5,

And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.


However, keep on praying for him, as we don't want to be off-guard when Satan attacks. His parents may highly possibly object one day and the joss sticks saga is another stumbling block.

2 Corinthians 1:9-11 says,

Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead,

who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,

you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.


Be part of the many people Gary, Nissi Knights, countless saints, God and I will thank when we are in Heaven.

2 New Jokes:
1. Why did the extroverted musician get stuck in playing the first part of his song?
Ans: It was the intro.

Okay, maybe that wasn't very funny. But the next one is bound to gather a little laughter.

2. Which brand of jeans do Jewish priests wear?
Ans: Levi's

No comments:

skeletons in my closet