

Photographs taken for a recent project
A video I took of a funny woman dancing in the MRT
A video of Kong Ann's stunt in church
A video of a UFO trick I conjured
Hurray! Today is the end of the first semester of my final year in school. I am so happy because this has been the most stressful semester yet, its workload comparable to one and a half times the usual. Finally, I have more time to blog and do the stuff I like, like writing, editing and recording my songs.
After today, all I will do is work with my school friends in a cafe somewhere in Commonwealth, that is if I pass the job interview on Wednesday. This is only my second time working after Pasta Mania.
I hope to raise the $450 or so before I fly off to Thailand for the mission trip to Thailand on September 19. I just cannot wait to be in Thailand again to share the good news of Christ and see the Thai people healed and transformed.
Now that I have time to blog, I want to share some breakthroughs in worship that God has brought to me these months. I feel that God has been adding to me something I would have never achieved on my own.
He put questions and possibilities into my head that have led to me learning how to play chords on the piano. I remember Him telling me to find out what notes made up guitar chords.
So after a bit of searching, I realized that the major and minor chords have 3 notes each and if you play these 3 notes on a piano, it actually forms a chord. And all this is to His glory because I have never learnt music theory, just like I have never learnt music composition.
And it has really been a great gift from my Father in Heaven. The piano brings a whole new dimension to worship. While the guitar is still my favourtie instrument(or should I say the only instrument I know how to play), the piano brings you to a deeper level in worship as it has a tranquil quality to it.
It's such an experience just singing and playing the piano. It is so refreshing to sing a song to God with another instrument. And I wonder if one day I might compose a beautiful song like "I Can Only Imagine" on the piano.
The Youth Alive! band was awesome too. God's hand was really strong upon them as they preached about bringing worship and praise to God. I experienced the corporate breakthrough that was sweeping through those gathered that night.
It was just like the last YI camp's High Praise on the final day when suddenly a new dance and a fresh expression of worship was born in the blink of an eye. It was as if Heaven's gates suddenly opened and shone forth God's glory. In fact, this has been my inspiration for a new song.
“Old Tunes, New Songs” by the Holy Spirit through James Lin Yuxi
Verse 1:
Worshipping You one day
A new song came into play
The old tunes are never the same
When I sing honour to Your name
Verse 2:
Jumping in joyous praise
Dancing in a brand new way
I can’t dance but my body sways
When Your glory inhabits my praise
Chorus:
You are God; I will love You with all of my strength
You are Lord; I will sing You a song from my soul
You are holy, You are beauty, You are worthy
Of this song that I sing in worship
Bridge:
You are holy, holy, holy, holy (X2)
You are holy, holy, Lord God Almighty. Yeah!
I will record the song as soon as my sore throat gets better. It's quite a hard song to sing, with high pitches all throughout the song.
If there are any prayer warriors out there at this time, do pray for this guy called Gary, Leona's classmate. He joined us for cellgroup last Saturday and I shared to him. He was really receptive and believed in what I shared.
However, he still has not accepted Christ because his parents are Buddhists. This is despite all the testimonies I shared with him. However, I left it at that because I believe that I am not a salesman and should not peddle or force salvation to those who are not yet ready. Do pray for God to speak and act in his life.
But he is really friendly and even agreed to more lessons. We're playing basketball tomorrow with him and his friends. I am going to share New Life lesson 2 with him and hopefully, Xin Long and me will be able to share to their friends who have been termed by Gary as "immature". Do pray for us; I would like to take Zheng Hua Secondary School for Jesus and He already seems to be working there.
2 New Jokes:
1. Which body part is the relative of the ankle?
Ans: The knees, because every ankle(uncle) is related to his knees(niece)
2. Which member of China's royal family loves to gamble?
Ans: The Empress Do-Wager
No comments:
Post a Comment