Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY TO ME!



The usual Smash-The-Cake-In-The-Birthday-Boy's-Face celebration. I bet that's where they got the proverb "You can't have your cake and eat it too." Haha, I know that's not the real meaning ok? I'm not so dumb; hope you get the pun.



I was alone in a MaxiCab when I decided to take this photo. It's freaky; I don't even know who I am anymore.


Hey, I was real hungry... Haha, Ian was fooling around with his camera. He likes to take pictures when we least expect it. Just attended the Fusion Youth Alive! Concert, held by the Methodists.


It's amazing how this organization has made such an impact on me in these 3 years. No pun intended now, pun intended at time picture was taken.


I feel like I look like my sister in this picture and I usually don't see the resemblance.


I love my new sweater and Gideon as well. He's cute with a boyish aura and very nice as well.



Well, enough photographs of me. Just wanted to showcase some of my recent photos. I really thank the people who wished me happy birthday these past few days. Some were early, some were on time, some were late but all had heart. Just want to mention all of them and to express my heartfelt thanks.

From Church: Xuan Wen, Vicky, Sarah, Lu Wei, Wee Huat, Wan Xin, Rosaline, Siew Ling, Estee, Jie Hau, Leona, Joy, Hui Shan, Xin Long, Geraldine, Debra, Hiu Mun, James Tan and Amanda.

I thank my fellow Nissi Knights for celebrating my birthday with me on Saturday. It's an honour and privilege being with you all. Not to mention, my disciple Ian was sweet enough to ask me out for dinner yesterday at Swensens, with Bryan as well.

And Ian got me an expensive gift; a soccer jersey. Though I don't normally wear soccer jerseys or even watch soccer, I'll wear it this Saturday just to show my appreciation.
































From School: Aizat, Sonia, Andrew, Sharina and Jesslin.

And my internship mates, Jia Hui, Jasmine, Jesslin and Juliana celebrated my birthday yesterday over lunch. They got a slice of chocolate cake from Secret Recipe. It happened to be this slice of cake that gave me food poisoning.

I went home last night and felt so bloated. I vomited 3 times and had diarrhoea. Then I developed a cold fever and my stomach hurt. I could feel that there was still food that could not be digested in my stomach and I felt like vomiting.

At first, I thought it was because I ate too much food or was developing an allergic reaction from eating too much ice-cream at Swensens and lunch too. I have lactose intolerance after all. But I realized 3 of my 4 internship mates had diarrhoea too and the only one who did not have it did not eat the Secret Recipe cake. I bet they had secret ingredients they did not know about.

But it was all good; I got to take 2 days medical leave for Tuesday and Wednesday. It gives me time to go shopping for New Year clothes. I went today and spent $200. In case you're wondering, I'm no big spender. I shop only once a year and cannot be bothered to do it too often. So I often spend larger amounts at one go.

These two Giordano shirts caught my attention and wallet.
































I thought the first shirt was funny and creative but I bought the second just to remember and show you that Giordano printed a shirt with these words. I really could not grasp the concept the copywriter for this shirt had.

This is the second time I've seen Bible verses or stories used in advertising and I loathe both instances. The first was a Twisties ad, which said "Love thy Neighbour. You never know when you might need to borrow." The use of God's words, in vain and out of context, turned me off Twisties forever.

Last but not the least, my birthday wishes.

Wish #1 - Pass my Sit-and-Reach. The minimum length we must stretch to pass is 31cm. I reached 22cm. I don't want to go into National Service earlier for extra physical training.

Wish #2 - Suffer no physical injuries in National Service. I mean like major ones, broken bones and anything too bloody or painful.

No comments:

skeletons in my closet