Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORIES

Running away from who I am and becoming someone I'm not.


Trying to find a place to roam but there's no familiar ground.


Walking down memory lane to reminisce a kinder
world, an innocent me and carefree times.


The age of innocence, no matter how polluted,
retains a loving memory of goodness and fun.


1. WHEN I WAS YOUNG



This is how James Lin Yuxi began life as a baby. Living on my grandfather's pandan leaf plantation in Pulau Ubin. Barefoot all the time, exploring the forest on my own at an early age and enjoying the seasonal rambutan and durian fruits from our trees.


My 5th birthday celebration in our old Pasir Ris HDB flat.



Fellow jungle boy friends in Pulau Ubin.



Looking crappily stupid beside an angelic baby sister in our Woodlands flat.



Primary school and the age of my fascination with toothy grins, dodgeball and soccer. I used to get home at only 6pm. I never really cared about my studies(I still tend not to) and I owe my future career and educational achievements to my form teacher Mrs. Chiang, who never gave up on me. Every one of the 247 points I got for PSLE should be credited to her.



Same heck care attitude towards studies with an indifferent form teacher. Thank God for my President Scholar tutor Mr. Ho, who jumpstarted my brain in time for the 'O's.



My first and last girlfriend thus far. Boosted my self-esteem a bit. She taught me that being in love at a young age is exciting but delusional.



Graduated from Diploma in Media & Communication from Singapore Polytechnic all on my own. If I had gone to Junior College, I would probably have dropped out or gotten really lousy grades.



2. THINGS/PEOPLE I MISS




I miss my voice before it broke and grew an apple. Could sing like a girl without even trying hard.



I miss the impact YI used to have on me.




I miss walking up this long and deserted slope to my old house at Kranji. Encountering snakes in the bushes, enjoying the peace and serenity of the silence and dreading the workout of going to and coming back from school.




I miss family trips to Pulau Ubin.



I miss my secondary school friends and the times we had.




I miss church, the way it used to be and the love we had.




I miss my deceased dog Baby who followed me everywhere and curled herself within my crossed legs when I sat down on the floor.




I miss my papaya tree.




I miss playing action-packed and quick-paced basketball with my secondary school friends.




I miss goofing around in school with this bunch of fun-filled classmates.




I miss times spent alone with Xin Long at his house.




Last of all, I miss the fun and quirky ME.



3. CARDS & SUCH




A Christmas card Ru Xiang wrote for me. What an apt verse she used. An excellent illustration of her faith amplified.



Pei Jun and Winnie was really sweet to go to great lengths to print this photocard out to wish me well on a mission trip.



Jia Lin drew this birthday card on behalf of the cellgroup for me. My second most favourite birthday card of all time.




Cherie drew this birthday card on behalf of the cellgroup for me. My most favourite birthday card of all time.




Top portion of a mission trip card welcoming me back from Thailand mission trip. Bubbles is so bubblicious here.




Estee's personalised mission trip well-wishing card for me. A lot of effort and creativity spent.



I really want to thank other people like Xuan Wen, Wan Xin and Silvestre who often wrote me utterly sincere cards on every occasion. Means a lot to me.


James New Jokes(Funny) and Riddles(Not So Funny)


1. Why are nice guys with split personality similar to spasms?
Ans: They're both involuntary jerks

3 comments:

weiwei said...

hey, i miss the times we had together as nissi 3 too :)

Anonymous said...

Hey i miss hanging out with you too. :)

And i think you can just go write a jokes book....hahaha

but get nice people to endorse your book

Anonymous said...

hey i agree with you about soldiers who should put in their all and not always sulk and ask for a 8-5 vocation so they can go church.

God is definitely beyond church in some circumstances.

Maybe He wants us to stay in on Sat to reach out to camp ppl, to mould us, to show us new things?

He is big.

skeletons in my closet