Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting Down to the Updates

Well, I have never felt better in my life than now. I feel like I'm at the forefront of my life, on the peak of its many mountains and ready to jump into the river of life from the springboard of opportunity. And the reason I am using such tacky terms is because ...




I HAVE ORDED!!! WOOHOO!!!




My life is no longer a stagnant, mundane and routine cycle of doing duty after duty. I no longer need to speak Hokkien or worry about getting extras. And you know how the popular song goes, "I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna... get the opportunity to knock me down again in this lifetime, Sir'. There will be no more PT, RT or IPPT till I serve as an NSman in the not-so-distant future.

And I have planned everything out to be busy, fun and exciting at the same time.

I am currently working at an event that will last two weeks. Who am I? The person you avoid at all costs at the MRT. What is my job scope? Well, rejection sucks even when it is part of the package of handing out flyers. But the pay is good. At least I am paid hourly and not based on sales commission. Who am I working for? Viva La Aviva(Spanish)=Aviva and all His Friends.

Shortly after that, I'll spend one week satisfying my cravings for formal and smart casual clothes during GSS. My wardrobe needs tidying up, my driving and vocal lessons need attending and my boat theory and practical tests need to be passed.

I will be heading to Taiwan on June 18 and returning on the 23rd with my Batch 14 Navy mates. Looking forward to Becky's guided tour of Jiu Fen. I can't wait to immerse myself in the wonderful hot springs, smell the sakura flowers and be a kid again at the many theme parks in Taipei.

Great scenery, beautiful people, amazing food and loads of fun. What else can one ask for in life?

My internship at Singapore's 3rd best public relations firm will commence on 1st July. Time to say hello to media monitoring, meagre allowances and exploitation. That's the price you pay for a good resume and entry to entry-level jobs in the public relations industry.

I will then be starting my Bachelor in Public Relations and Journalism studies at the local Murdoch University campus on September 7. I'll be taking evening classes in the hope of being able to balance work and studies 5 days a week.

And if all goes well, financial freedom will follow soon after.

No comments:

skeletons in my closet