Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pieces of My Mind #1

1. It feels lonely to have nobody to love but it is worse to know that the one you pine for is out of your reach.

2. The real james lin monologues happen daily when I observe people, things and life.

3. Introspection gives me the direction I need in life.

4. Adrenaline is my favourite hormone.

5. Appearing offline is what I learnt in ninja school.

6. Doubts always seem far more trustworthy than the truth.

7. Sympathetic apathy is the world's modus operandi when it comes to showing concern.

8. Insecure, inadequate, underappreciated and taken for granted. Part of daily life whereby your value is not measured by your worth.

9. If you stand for the truth, then you'll find it fighting in your defense when you're questioned. If your life is a fabrication of lies, you'll be so entangled and confused that your lies will betray you.

10. Ideals never seem to work because nobody believed in them enough. Big change is on the way when we become like children who innocently say they want to change the world and do it.

11. It's okay for people if there's hell on Earth or near their homes. But take away their one piece of sanctuary, their ideals and their faith that justice is being served, they'll be hit hard till they decide to fight or crumble.

12. People never seem to be satisfied to be loved by somebody. We've an innate desire to be loved by everybody.

13. I can forgive any fault except hypocrisy, because a hypocrite knows not what his fault is.

14. When it comes to love, being cruel is sometimes the most humane thing to do.

15. A wrinkle a day keeps the suitor away.

16. Life ain't a bed of roses but it's okay. I never liked roses anyway.

17. Sometimes the things we feel we need to see to believe are the things we need to believe to see.

18. The fear of losing only leads to further loss. Gamblers never leave even when they are on a winning streak because they don't feel a sense of ownership of what they've won. Anything quickly and easily gained will be lost just as quickly and easily. Bit by bit, they lose more they've won due to complacency. More than money, gamblers waste time, something that cannot be regained.

19. Dignity is not found in a proud man born with a silver spoon but rather a humble pauper who has weathered many storms.

20. I shall not grow bitter from poverty but I will dream sweet dreams of hope.

21. It is even joyous for a weary man to cast off his shoes but the rich find no contentment.

22. Justice is a rich man's game; oppression a poor man's bane.

23. Vocal lessons are so uplifting. An hour feels like six minutes of bliss. Learning to breathe and direct your breath to different areas of your body is such a wonderful and empowering sensation. To remember that sensation and how to sing like that again outside the classroom is another thing altogether.

24. Clubbing is just not for me. I hate the distasteful outbursts of hip-hop and R&B music. Why can't we dance to nice, clean and melodious pop music at controlled volumes? Disco revitalised. I hate getting drunk because I tend to want to kiss girls, even at the expense of getting punched. Though I have not done anything stupid yet, I think there are more things I can do with my time and money. Let's not even get started on secondhand smoke.

No comments:

skeletons in my closet