1. The forbidden 4-letter word I hate the most --> S A L E
2. Eureka, I thought of an ingenius invention!!! What if we made Transitions windscreens? That would be uber cool; it'll keep those irritating sunrays from hurting our eyes when we're driving or been driven around.
3. I'm a very individualistic person. I don't give a damn who says or thinks what if I don't agree. I am especially skeptical and wary of people who try to use their position in life to buy credibility and throw smoke bombs. My motto in life: Always question and always think critically.
4. The rebirth of a soul is one of life's greatest phenomenon. To be able to rise up above the depths of self defeat is the most glorifying testament to the resilience of the human spirit.
5. I've only realised that life is all about smoking out when I entered the army. Before serving my national service, I used to think effort and brains equated to success. But I've seen how men of lesser calibre rise up the ranks with an air of confidence alone.
I used to think confidence is the quality of being sure of well-honed abilities. A better definition of confidence would be a conscious mental reminder to be ignorant of our weaknesses, unaware of our limitations and naive about what we can achieve.
6. Singing is so natural to some people and so hard to grasp for me. What I've learnt from 5 lessons is that singing is about getting enough support from your diaphragm and directing the air to different parts of your head. That's why they call the high pitched voice the 'head voice'.
Let's not even talk about support. Breathing into your stomach to inflate your diaphragm is manageable but keeping it in that bloated shape while exhaling is hard. But I think my practice is going somewhere; I've got some cute balloony abs now.
But the directing of air is so based on your feelings and muscle memory or something. My vocal teacher has to do certain humming exercises with me before I get the 'feel' of air rushing to that certain part of my head. The words of instruction below is what my vocal teacher told me to do.
"Imagine a curved pipe that stretches from your stomach to your nose. Now sing through that pipe."
But still, vocal lessons are really fun and an interestingly sensual experience. I like the way my forehead trembles like a mini earthquake when I can direct air through that pipe to my nose. I like the feeling of having an airconditioner installed at the back of my head when I successfully use my head voice. If only I can remember how to use it without the help of my vocal teacher.
7. Some storms are too great for small boats. You're a small boat.
8. I seriously think that Zhi Hao should submit the photo below as part of his portfolio for the application to be a paparazzi photographer for American or Chinese magazines.
No comments:
Post a Comment