Song of the Nightingale
The nightingale stands lofty upon her branch
Unreachable are her feet perched high
Night after night, there she roosts
Upon the highest branch of the tallest tree
Lying on the forest floor
With leaves freshly strewn
I await the time of night
When all is silent and all is bright
I see the stars in their glorious array
Like coloured lights gracing the stage
In the cool breeze of a moonlit night
Comes a song sweetly hummed
All the heavens and all the earth
Stay silent for a fleeting moment
The angels hush and the crickets listen
For a song of joy exuberant
Who may claim to be queen
Of song melodious and rhythm divine
Modestly dressed in feathers plain
Magnificent is her voice magnified
Morose I am that I cannot have her
In a cage of steel with curtain crimson
But I will delight in her soul
By the quiet place she calls home
- James Lin Yuxi -
Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment