Pieces of My Mind #3
1. The dream is always rosier than the truth.
2. Humour that is not humoured is foolishness.
3. I’m the fastest of 6 million swimmers and one lucky egg.
4. If knowledge is the door to truth, then wisdom is the key that unlocks it.
5. While we were young, we cared about what others thought and expected of us. It is only when we know what to expect of ourselves, have we truly entered into adulthood.
6. In our pursuit of beauty and perfection, it may take us a lifetime to discover that our magnum opus was an early work we made in our youth. The creative vitality of youth is often downplayed by wealth of experience. Never underestimate who you are at any point of life. There's unfulfilled potential waiting to be discovered.
7. If dentists aren't evil, why do they cause me so much pain everytime I see them? Doctors don't seem to find a need to hurt you half as bad for half as many times a dentist does.
Everytime after I think it wise to see a dentist, I come back home blaming myself for asking for trouble. They always have to do some mini operation or drilling work just to show that they're doing their job or something.
Once I went for scaling and I told the dentist it hurt. He said I had a low threshold for pain. My gums and teeth got so sensitive for 2 weeks that drinking plain lukewarm water hurt. Trust me to trust a dentist.
8. For a guy who can visualise sharks in a swimming pool, the sea is a scary place. Yet, I can't help but reminisce snorkelling in Tioman. I felt like I was swimming in fish rather than water. I am so gonna go to Pulau Redang within 2 years with my army friends. As my friend Xin Yong in the picture below says, "Pictures are proof of your existence." Well, I can't wait to prove my existence in the deep blue sea.
9. My internship at a public relations company is filled with lots of stuff to do. Every morning, I have to do media monitoring, which means cutting out newspaper articles about our clients in layman terms. I've had to clip out, translate and summarise every article about Asian Youth Games from Lianhe Zaobao.
My favourite time at work is lunchtime. You've heard of working hard and playing hard. But I bet you've never heard of working hard and eating hard. My only joy from a day's work is lunchtime at Amoy Street Food Centre.
There are so many stalls that offer wonderful delicacies like the fish soup bee hoon with the hour-long queue every single day. I've not had the honour of trying it yet. The sights and sounds of illegal peddlers hawking their wares(Hello Kitty toothbrush holders for $1) to office workers bring about a feeling of warmth and nostalgia for some unknown reason.
This is the only time I enjoy the Singaporean hobby of queueing up for stuff. That's because I know that whatever I'm waiting for is definitely worth it, unlike some Hello Kitty dolls from MacDonalds. Everybody knows that the second floor has stalls that cook better. You can tell by looking at the hordes of usually lazy office workers who climb up the long flight of stairs in order to ascend to the heights of food heaven.
Back to food, they have tasty teochew fishballs so big neither CPR nor the Heimleich manoever can save you if you choke on them. But I think you'll die happy if you suffocate on them anyway. I won't mind dying by fish soup either. I've never been more in love with fish, especially when they know how to cook it right. The only fishy part is that it looks more like dead whale carcass soup; an assortment of fish parts I don't usually eat.
My favourite drink is something people call Michael Jackson. They mix soya bean with grass jelly(I don't care if you're black or white). Its sweetness with an aftertaste of soy reminds me of coffee or what it should taste like anyway.
10. I've been practising hard with my band for the Music Lab performance in two weeks time. All of them are under 18 but they are so talented they can play songs like the CD. I really enjoyed the experience as I had to attempt songs from genres I don't particularly like or listen to.
It's a good kind of influence and it's bringing out the inner rocker in me. We're going to perform Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters, Plug In Baby by Muse and How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20. Crazy Elephant, here I come.
Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

No comments:
Post a Comment