Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Friday, November 28, 2003

Well, I'm back from Taman Negara. It was a pretty much average experience; I didn't get what I expected and besides, it rained for two stupid days. Two other factors were my family problem which I shall not disclose here and the long and ardous car journeys. On the first night, we sat in two minivans instead of a long passenger bus. And if that wasn't bad enough, the bus had to break down in the middle of the night and I had to squeeze with my mom and two other bulky passengers in a small Malaysian taxi. I'll never forget the discomfort I felt when I had to squeeze my legs into that stupid space. Also, my butt hurt a lot because the stupid, reckless taxi driver drove like he owned the road or something. I mean he almost ran down one of my aunt's friends when he was driving backwards. The next day, we sat on a three hour boat ride to the resort and I must admit it was enjoyable. But the resort looked more like a tourist trap than a ecotourist haven. Plus, the national park wasn't what I expected. I think it's almost like bukit timah hill, except they have taller trees and lousier hiking trails. But our guide knew a lot and it was interesting to go on the hike. And the rest of the three days were spent on a night safari adventure, a trip to see fishes and swim and our hotel rooms. The night safari adventure was basically we sitting on the back while the guide uses this strong spotlight to spot creatures. This guide had really good vision; he could only find animals by spotting reflection of light by the animals' eyes when he shone the spotlight on the surrounding jungle. And he could tell the species of the creature just by that. Either that or he just gave names to the 7 species we saw. But we were lucky to see a civet cat cleaning itself. It was so cute. The other trip was a wasted one as it rained on our way there. The fishes disappeared and we couldn't swim because of that. So basically, it was rather miserable. We didn't even visit the Orang Asli, the founders and aborigines of Malaysia. They are rather famous; information about them can be found in our geography texts. Alright, I shalln't complain anymore. I shall go to bed, I'm yawning already...

No comments:

skeletons in my closet