Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Saturday, December 13, 2003

Today's service and cell group meeting have impacted me a lot. Pastor Mark said that a person's faith is not measured by the number of signs and miracles he sees or does. This fact really helped me as I used to think God didn't really reach out to me because (1) I thought that maybe by fate I was the Anti-Christ. (2) I'm too grave a sinner to be forgiven. (3) I'm not as faithful or deserving as other Christians. I was also really touched and inspired by the testimony of Michelle Bay, a church cell group member who talked about her experiences during the Thailand Mission Trip. She described the innocence of the children there and also the love she showered them with and the love she was showered with in return. These were her approximate words, "She showed and was shown love of the purest form." This is the love I want to have and I would have started crying if she hadn't stopped. God bless her and may the demon possessing her be driven out in the name and authority of Christ. I have therefore decided to serve God our heavenly Father for the rest of my life because I didn't want to waste time on the lesser things of this world. I have decided to go into Nanyang Polytechnic no matter the grades I get or opposition I face. I'm doing this to get a degree and shut up gossiping nitwits who might think I'm a fool to do this for God. I'm choosing NYP for one reason and one reason only; it has a nice opaque bridge that I feel as if I'm levitating when I walk across it. I have never really given much thought to my future; I chose Anderson because it had a nice name compared to Bukit Panjang Government High.(No offence to people who studied or are studying there.) I had always believed that fate and the observation of small details like that would lead me to a future I would like. Mark my words, I'll be either someone serving a church or Christ in his own special way or be a backpacking missionary in the future. I'm so excited about the church camp on Monday, its gonna be really really fun I predict.

No comments:

skeletons in my closet