Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Sunday, January 18, 2004

James’s Testimony


God truly came into my life in May 2003, during the SARS period. It was then that the actions of a friend changed my life forever. I never got to know this friend well until we played basketball together during May. He talked to me about God a lot. But the real life-changing transformation came about when he told me about God’s gifts to faithful believers. I was a backsliden ‘Sunday School’ Christian then; I always thought church was more about singing, playing and befriending people than knowing God. I never really believed God exists. I needed a sign or miracle to believe that God does exist. And it came when my friend told me and showed me the gift of speaking in tongues. I was so amazed by the phenomenon, which I never knew existed, and I saw it as living proof of God’s existence. I was converted at that point and it was the best time ever.

I was in my most dire and desperate phase of my life; I was feeling depressed and disappointed with myself. Lust but not the least, was my greatest sin. I was bound deeply to lust and to lustful habits I just couldn’t break. I was hot-tempered and had a really evil nature. My heart knew no love and my mind, body and soul were corrupted by my evil desires, thoughts and acts. I had frequent quarrels with my family and I even ran away from home to commit suicide the year before. But thanks to God, I saw the beauty of life and didn’t. But I never stopped thinking about dying until God touched my life in May 2003.

And He hasn’t stopped touching and transforming my life. I’ve become a much better person and I’ve gained priceless gifts like wisdom, faith and most importantly, love. I’ve broken all my bondages with sin, especially lust. And God has also given me a Godly perspective through the Holy Spirit and the Holy Bible. God has truly changed my life in a way that no man can. He’s truly a loving God and a lover of my soul.

No comments:

skeletons in my closet