Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
Tuesday, January 20, 2004
Well, today's entry might be a little long since I haven't really blogged about what I did for a while. I spent yesterday going to Ananias After School Care for an interview. Something told me I didn't do too well for the interview so maybe I won't be employed. Just as well, I feel bad about having to tell the guys at Country Manna that I found another job when I told them earlier in the interview that I'll stay committed to the job. I feel really guilty today. I'm guilty of being irresponsible due to ignorance. I promised my pastor a few days ago that I would work for him on Thursday, which I had just realized was the first day of Chinese New Year. I called him and he was really raving mad at me and gave me a lecture. Well, I can't blame him; it was my own fault in the very first place. I just realized that I'm actually really very irresponsible or at least I shirk my responsibilities when I will miss out on fun or when I just don't feel like keeping a promise and staying home instead. Mental note to myself: Be Responsible! I have had sore eyes for a couple of days and they don't look like they'll heal soon. It's all because of that 'Body World' exhibit I attended. But after I gone through all the bizarre bodies of prisoners, I found out that my calling was never to be a doctor. Anatomy was supposed to be an art, but all I feel when I looked at all the bodies was an eerie sense of uneasiness. How could cutting people up into so many pieces be considered an art? I felt somewhat sickened when I saw the bodies of deformed babies and organs of people with diseases. Maybe we were never supposed to do this to our fellow men. God made men and women, and so He can and He has the authority to break them. Okay, back to last night... I was walking back home at about 7 when Marcus and Derek asked me to do something weird. The thing was to look after an abandoned black puppy they found until today. And I did it. Marcus and I stayed over at Derek's house and I had to stop the dog from whining and barking, which would disturb the neighbours. And Singaporeans, especially housewives with nothing to do all day, are good at making complaints. It was horrible; the lonely dog would start to bark and whine when he's left alone and I had to spend a lot of time petting him to sleep. I even had to clear up his poo and urine, which he happily processed all over the house. I even slept with the dog; no other way was possible for the both of us to sleep simultaneously. But I survived and this afternoon gave it away to the SPCA. Poor puppy, his fate is unknown. If he's lucky, he'll get to live. I pray that he'll make it...
No comments:
Post a Comment