Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Friday, January 23, 2004

Yay, it's Chinese New Year again! Well, it's a brand new year and I've discovered brand new things, like the fact that the cousin I thought was in Anderson was actually in Henderson. No wonder I never did see her in school although I looked hard and asked around for one year. This year's also a year of change; I finally quit gambling. A lot of people were surprised today when I just sat there and watched TV instead of taking my post as the loud-mouthed and risk-taking gambler I was. It was really easy not to, it was as if all my desires to have more money was gone. Praise God for that... I was not the guy who gambled like his life was on stake anymore. I felt really glad too, for my dad noticed also and even said something good about Christianity for once. I really hope he'll come to Christ soon. Anyway, today was a real nice day. I watched 'Last Samurai' with my family and relatives. It was a real nice show, an epic. It was about 2 and a half hours in length and the battle scenes were not bad although most of them were showing the Samurais dying because they had no firearms or bulletproof armour. Well, I learnt that the way of the Samurai is a way of spiritual life. They learn to compose themselves by meditating and focus on battles by not being distracted by other things. The Samurais lived with honour and discipline. I'm real excited about this coming Saturday; my fellow cellgroup members are coming to my house and we're going visiting other houses after that. After that we're attending church service, which I'm so sure will be so great I'll get a cramp jumping during Praise and Worship. I've been reading some books on spiritual attacks and I must say these have strengthened my faith a lot. I always heard that Satan was the father of lies but I truly understood this when I read the books. When Jesus died on the cross for us, Satan had already been defeated and Jesus had won the battle for humanity. But Satan and his minions are continually trying to deceive us into backsliding or just remain unsaved by lying to us. Just like the scenes in shows and cartoons where there are an mini-angel and a mini-devil who gives advice to a person, we can hear both the voice of God and Satan. Even Christians are sometimes deceived into thinking that God was speaking to them. Well, I shalln't say much. It would be too much to elaborate or summarize...

No comments:

skeletons in my closet