Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Sunday, February 01, 2004

I'm really happy today because God has finally spoken to me, through another person. But I know that He has never left me and has been talking to me, just that I was either too distracted or I just didn't know it was Him. Today's sermon was rather different but really good. We got this guy who was once the CEO of this big international insurance company called Zurich Insurance to talk to us. He was pretty funny and real lively for his age. We were once again reminded to not conform to the patterns of the world but be totally different from it, just like God set us apart to be different from the world. And the altar call was truly transformational. I was afraid to go out as nobody had gone out but I managed to do what God had asked me to do in my heart. I went out there all alone and others soon followed. But what followed really motivated me to keep on burning for God. The Pastor prayed for me and after doing that, he said he felt a strong calling of God in me and told me that I have a great destiny in ministry. I'm not writing this to brag or anything but I'm writing this because I'm really really happy. My days this week have been somewhat hectic but I don't really remember what I did except for the last two days. On thursday, I went for bible study with my cell group leader and also a prayer walk in preparation of our evangelistic outreach for Choa Chu Kang Secondary and Bukit Panjang Government High on Valentine's Day. On friday, I went for another bible study at the Youth for Christ head office before helping out other preparations for the evangelistic outreach. I called Country Manna today and was shocked to hear that "There has been changes in our management and we'll call you back." from the guy on the phone. I've since decided to volunteer for Youth of Christ full-time. It's going to be really fun; to be with other Christians on fire for God and also to have intensive growth in God. The most difficult part I guess will be the salary. Since Youth for Christ is a non-profit organization, we'll have to write letters to churches for 'love offerings'. I'm just so excited and I can't wait to start doing the things I truly love. Thank God!!!

No comments:

skeletons in my closet