Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
Tuesday, February 03, 2004
Today was a good day. I spent the afternoon with my church friends Darrell, Elene, Sheryl and Caleb watching 'Peter Pan'. My sister went along too and the two of us had sat beside that 'Guo Bing' in 'I Not Stupid' during the movie, which we only realised after the movie. I didn't really like Peter Pan; the pace of the story was too fast and little time was focused on the magic and love of the original story. In fact, I think it's one of two movies I watched that didn't make me really happy as movies usually did. The other movie was 'Snow Dogs'; never ever even think of watching a replay. It might damage your brain and make you a vegetable. The magic of the silver screen and the joy it brings to movie-goers were absent today. After that I went to my mom's ex-boss's place to 'bai nian' or to 'worship the year', translated in plain english. I managed to say no when they gambled and instead focused my attention on 'Armaggedon'. Although I watched only a little bit of it, I was once again touched by this show, which I have seen at least thrice. I guess this show will always be one of the best works of all time a movie-producer ever managed to make. I'm looking forward to 'Lost In Translation', which should be a good funny comedy. But you can never really trust movie trailers anymore; nowadays the movie-producers normally make much nicer movie trailers than movies. After that, we had a really sumptuous dinner at Spring Court, which is this rather expensive Chinese restaurant. But my mom's ex-boss treated us. The bill came up to $800+++, for about 20 people. I was really full, but my whole family had an aching feeling in their stomaches after they ate so I guess maybe too much food isn't a blessing either. Now that I think of it, perhaps what made today a good day wasn't because of the things I did but the attitude and mood I had. I really want to thank God for that!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment