Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
Last night I did something unexpected and I don't claim that it's the leading of the Spirit that made me do what I did because I don't think that I sowed any seeds of Christ in anyone. But it has made me more aware of the defensive systems of people and the Devil. Last night, I logged on to IRC and I clicked for the channel list. #Lesbians caught my eye and I went in, hoping to minister to lost souls who were hungry and thirsty for God. Obviously, I found no such person. Instead, what I got was 2 and a half hours of wasted preaching. I went in there and went out with a sincere, non-judgemental and determined heart but obviously the people didn't think so. I went in there telling them in the main chatbox that I was a Christian and that I was normal and looking for people who are hungry and thirsty to know God. What ensued was a barrage of comments by the resident lesbians, gays and bisexuals which really enlightened me on a lot of things. I continued preaching the Word of God and countering every remark as gentle as I could and like a Christian should. But all the answers that I received were in the form of death threats, rape threats, arson threats, profanities, excuses, words of utter unbelief, claims that the Devil sent me to lead them to hell, 'caring' advice, bad testimonies and examples of 'good' Christians, efforts to make me look like a hypocrite and liar, angry remarks, bible verses taken not in context and remarks questioning my motives, my abilities to convince them, my maturity at my age and my ability to understand their situations. And it was not easy to answer and rebuke all these comments; they came one after another from angry homosexuals and bisexuals. And regardless of what 'caring' people there asked me to do, I stayed on and addressed their concerns. I'm so ashamed of the Christians in there; they rather please the residents inside than please God, or at least this was what I thought. And to think they hide it under pretenses of hoping to change them when those Christians claimed to be faithful in God and 'good' Christians. Also these Christians were homosexuals too. This really shows the absence of God in their lives, but I shall not judge. I absolutely do not believe that God does not have the power to change a person in whatever way He wants. It's whether people want to submit and accept the changes that makes the transformation a success or failure. And they all told me the same thing; God made them this way and they hate God for this. They told me that I didn't know their situations and that if God wants them to know Him, He'll personally attend to them. They also said things that blasphemed against God and things like the lifespan they have on earth is too short to make them change. What poppycock! I tell you the truth that no matter what their excuses may be, they're not true and they're just escaping from reality. God is the only solution and nothing is too big for God to handle. Though I felt bad after that and could not sleep properly that night, my conscience was clear. I knew that I wanted to help them and I never got angry or condemned them. I did not despise them. I didn't go there to get myself famous or anything. My actions, words, thoughts and attitudes were just, righteous and humble. It was just that I had told the truth in such a straightforward manner that they didn't like it; they were too used to believeing in lies. And if I will ever be condemned for this, I'm willing to accept punishment. God bless them and may God continue to lead me in everything I do. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment