Living Biblically this week has been a battle in itself. Because of my job and other distractions, I had little time to do my Quiet Time and on some nights I didn't even pray. And as a result, I felt convicted, guilty, empty and that God was drifting away from me. Doubts clouded my thoughts but God pulled me through this week. I learnt that during these times the best way to pull ourselves back into our relationship with Him is to remember and trust His character. Sufficient Biblical knowledge was also essential to maintaining our relationship with God. I managed to pick up the pieces on Friday night when I decided with steely resolve that I would praise, worship and pray to God in preparation for Saturday's evangelistic outreach to Kranji Secondary School and also to reconnect the communciation lines between God and me. Praise has always been the key to break the forces of evil. It worked perfectly; I immediately got back to focusing on God and started burning for Him again. And God certainly did not let me down. He brought several lost, receptive, hungry, thirsty and interested people to me and I preached the Gospel as well as I knew how to and my efforts paid off, of course with God's blessings. We managed to win 14 souls for God before the principal of Kranji Secondary School came out and scared us off with her false threats. But there was a very good lesson that I learnt from this. Our efforts had not paid off as well as it should because of the lack of prayer and the wrong focus of our prayers. We had neglected prayer walking and forgotten to pray for victory against the rulers, principalities and powers that had control over the school. Initially, I was very discouraged, depressed and also angry because of the opposition faced during the outreach but God managed to get me in the right spirit again. He taught me that even a single saved soul was precious to Him and in His eyes we had done more than we thought. Thank God for everything; we would have accomplished nothing had it not been for Him. And I just thought of declaring something to all of my non-Christian friends. I would just put it simply in a poem.
FRIENDS OR FIENDS
In the past I had many friends
But most of them were just fiends
They did bring joy to my life
But they could not give me eternal life
Their friendships were as precious as gold
But now they're nothing except mould
Sorrow, hatred and anger they brought
Their friendship could be easily bought
Their companionship was comforting
But now it's just plain irritating
What they did and said were as sweet as honey
But now I think it's all just baloney
Just like fire and water cannot coexist
so then shall our friendships cease to exist
Thanks anyway for being there
When I needed you here
-James Lin Yuxi
Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment