Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Monday, April 26, 2004

There is a parable the Lord brought to my mind on Thursday night during my Quiet Time that I would like to share. This is not from the Bible, but I have made it similar to the parables in the Bible. And again the Kingdom of Heaven is like that of a rich King who went out to inspect His Kingdom. The rich King went out to inspect His vast lands and saw the many fields, vineyards and orchards He owned. He thought to Himself, "I am a rich King indeed." The rich King then went out to inspect His farms and saw the large herds of cattle, oxen and horses He owned. And He thought to Himself, "I am a rich King indeed." Next, the rich King went out to inspect His treasury and saw the tall mounds of gold, silver and precious jewels. And again He thought to Himself, "I am a rich King indeed." As He was walking back to His Palace, He saw some beggars in filthy rags begging along the streets. He had sympathy on them and took them in to stay with Him in His Palace. Day by day, He taught them about love. One day, the King held a feast in honour of the beggars and made them all princes. He divided His Kingdom among them and put them in charge over the lands, farms and the treasury. And He was joyous and thought to Himself, "Indeed I am a very rich King, for I have sons who love me and do what I ask of them." This is a parable few may understand so I shall elaborate and intepret it's meaning. God has shown His grace and mercy to us through Jesus Christ. He cares not about the filthy rags or sins we have committed in the past. Nor does He care about the material things that are so precious to men. He cares about us. Everyday, He's offering us a chance to be princes of Heaven instead of paupers of Hell. All He needs is your acceptance and faith. All He wants to see is your heart for Him. Whoever is reading this, I beseech you that you do not take light note of what you're reading but ponder over it and decide for yourself. There's no purpose without God, for out of God everything was made. And He created us to be like Him. May this parable bless the nations for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.

No comments:

skeletons in my closet