Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

I've decided to post up recently made songs that I felt God really anointed me to write, especially the first song "Won't You Take A Look This Way". This is fresh from the Lord's oven of hot songs. I have decided to post these 3 songs up because they revolve around the same theme and what God has been speaking to me about.

I was practically crying, with tears and mucus coming down, as I sang this song that reflected so much of my life. I have been feeling really down and discouraged recently but God put that prompting in my heart I have grown so familiar to. The prompting to write a song down as He authors and finishes it.

What more amazing is how my songs can teach or encourage me. If a song can encourage or teach me, it has become larger than life and larger than me. It has surpassed my knowledge and wisdom. And more evidently, the song comes not from me but from the Lord.

Many of the songs I wrote I had no clue how I could have written it so beautifully. Most of the time, I only have a word or a phrase and I had to build it up. Slowly but surely, God would input His creativity and finish what He authored. It's quite amazing.

Ephesians 5:18-20 says,

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,

always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.


I can only describe the experience as me being drunk in the Spirit, writing down lyrics I do not fully comprehend. If you were to ask me whether I think I hear from the Lord in my life, I would rarely have any testimony of obvious cases where He spoke.

But when it comes to songwriting, I seem to be able to hear His voice teaching me how to craft a song. Many a time, He either gives me lyrics from nowhere or emotions/concepts He wants me to express. This is why I always put the Holy Spirit's name before mine when I name the authors. He deserves the glory for the work He has done.

By the way, I realised some people do not know how to utilise the music player. If you click on the "Posts" button, you will be able to see and select the other songs under the same player.

“Won't You Take A Look This Way” by the Holy Spirit through James Lin Yuxi


Verse 1:

So many times, I’ve let You down
Too many years, I’ve gone round and round
I tried to hide the tears but they keep falling down
Sometimes I wonder when You’ll wipe them away

Chorus:
But I still believe You’ve not left me alone to stray
That through the storms, You’ll lead me back to Your way
I’ve been waiting so desperately for You to come and save the day
Please, Jesus, won’t You take a look this way

Verse 2:
So many things, I’ve laid them down
Too many dreams, I’ve lost and found
I tried to remember what it was like to hope
But I really can’t stand the disappointment


Bridge:

No more, no more, I can’t stand no more

Coda:
No more fears, I’m breaking free
No more regrets, I’m breaking free
No more doubts, I’m breaking free
No more despair, I’m breaking free



“Time To Quieten Down” by the Holy Spirit through James Lin Yuxi

Verse 1:
There’s a time to dance
There’s a time to laugh
But there’s a time to mourn
And there’s a time to lose control

Pre-Chorus:
Now’s the time for you to quieten down
If you listen, you will hear the sound
The voice of One greater than the earthquake
But softer than a whisper, He says


Chorus 1:

Come, enter My rest
You have done your best
Come, be warm in My arms
There’s no better place out there


Verse 2:

There’s a time to win
There’s a time to build
But there’s a time to lose
And there’s a time to just break down


Chorus 2:

Come, remain in My love
You are not the worst
Come, don’t break My heart
I’m the One who loved you first




“I Am Such A Fool” by the Holy Spirit through James Lin Yuxi

Verse 1:
I’ve searched the world high and low for some beauty to behold
I swear I’ve heard every siren song bewitching me to love the wrong
What is there that’s truly new, what is there that wasn’t before
What is noble, what is true; I don’t know; I’m such a

Pre-Chorus:
Fool, I am such a fool (X2)


Chorus:

Since I’m a fool, let me be a fool for You and be full of You
Because in You I have found everything that satisfies
You are beautiful, more beautiful than the daughters of women
Your Word is better than a thousand from men, Your presence more desired

Verse 2:
I’ve been trying to fill the hole in my heart to make it whole
I must have tried every single way to numb me from my pain
What is there that satisfies, what is there that makes me secure
What is lovely, what is pure; why am I such a

No comments:

skeletons in my closet