I made this song after serving the army for 6 months. The lyrics capture what I've been thinking, feeling and going through during this time. When I am weak and no one's able to help, I turn to God and He restores my strength. He's the God in control of my ups and downs.
"I Turn To You" by the Holy Spirit through James Lin Yuxi
Verse 1:
Sometimes I feel so small, like I
Won't amount to anything
Sometimes life gets the best of me
And I can't do a thing
Pre-Chorus 1:
My hands are tied
My body's weak
My eyes are dim
And I can't see a thing
Chorus:
When the world takes out my courage, takes the breath out of me
When I can't feel my fingers and I'm down on my knees
When my vision is blurred and I can't see the real world
When the currents sweep me under and I can't tide it through
I turn to You, I turn to You
Verse 2:
Been staying up on my bed
With lots of thoughts in my head
My pillow's stained with my tears
Can't figure why I'm crying
Pre-Chorus 2:
All the tossing and turning
The searching and longing
My world's breaking apart
As my heart once did
Bridge:
I'm not as strong as I thought
No, not even close
Why do I do what I hate
and then hate what I did
I can't pick up the pieces of a thousand wrongs
I don't know how, no, I don't know how
Journey with Jesus
Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment