Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009



The Proverbial Eve

I never thought I would actually find the proverbial Eve. You know how sometimes you make a list of qualities that you admire about a woman? You would have found Miss Right when that someone comes along and smashes all your expectations to smithereens.

I wanted someone who is sporty and had musical interests. I wanted a pretty lady who spoke line upon line of Cantonese like poetry. I wanted someone similar and secular. Or so I thought I did.

I had heard of the Proverbs 31 woman before but I never thought I would meet one in life. I know it sounds kind of tacky but that's just who she is. Just when I had become disgusted about church and the facade some Christians put up, I had to meet this girl who proves that I just might be wrong.

Have you ever met someone who is the cream of the crop and yet does not act like an elitist at all? Like bread without yeast, she's smart and rich and yet refuses to let her ego be inflated by worldly achievements. A person who is modest around others but has a quiet confidence bubbling in her heart. Someone who is thrifty and diligent.

I have never seen the same tree bear different fruit before. Like fraternal twins from the same womb, she is so different from her sibling. How is it possible that someone can be so sweet, kind and humble? I've seen quite a lot of Christians before and the closest one she reminds me of is Xin Long. Someone from a Christian family who was raised up well as a child in character development and in the faith.

Someone so genuinely Christian she makes you feel small and inadequate. She does not even need to share her testimony or the fact that she is a Christian to make you realise that there's something unique and God-like about her. I tried for days to figure out why she was such a friendly and warm person.

She made me deeply aware of how much I fall short of her character and that made me hunger for God's presence, a phenomenon which has not happened for a long time. I actually visited her church today just to find out what kind of spiritual environment can nurture such strong Christian values.

Someone so lofty and out of reach she makes you feel like you live on different planets. She is the epitome of perfection that makes my soul feel ever so naked and bare. She's my muse, providing enough inspiration and passion for me to pen three poems about her and maybe even a song(work in progress).

I can't stop myself from enthusiastically telling my closest friends everything I know about her. And I am not even embarrassed about it at all. But alas, I am more than one year too late. She has a nice guy for a boyfriend and I'll never let myself be a jerky third party. Oh well, I am used to not getting what I want in life anyway.

When I found out that she had a boyfriend, it was nearly impossible to mask the overwhelming downtroddenness and surprise. Have you ever been in your own world, driftng down buzzing city streets with no destination in mind, with the slightest breeze propelling your feet forward?

What other wonders can true love bring? Even in rejection and futility, it stays pure, dignified and true to its calling. Even if all I ever have of her is a friend, my soul will be satisfied. We've heard it said before many times that truly loving someone means doing what's best for her and sometimes that means leaving her in the arms of a better man.

But I just wish that I had more access to her. To chat a little, find out more about her or read her thoughts and perspectives on a blog. Just to share her day, her woes and her joys as a platonic friend. She has such a beautiful soul.

All in all, I'm glad to have met a person like her. She gave me a glimpse of my Eve; the one that I want to spend my lifetime on Earth with.

Proverbs 31:10 and 31:30 says.

10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

A woman of virtue is indeed worth more than the world's weight in gold. It's not so bad; she's just the best I ever met.

3 comments:

kodomut said...

Don't think so much and enjoy your time in Taiwan!

Maybe you'll find a Cantonese babe there ^^

madcat said...

LOL yea james.

Unknown said...

wow james didnt know you got a blog.. really liked your style of writing which makes me think that you are a mass comm student! As for me I would be just lazy to write up a article.

For the girl.. dun think too much let everything flow naturally and wish you all the best for your future endeavors.

skeletons in my closet