Journey with Jesus

Loud. Fun-loving. Punny.
Sporty. Pessimistic introvert.
Pop music lover. Guitar-wielding songwriter.
Bubbles and Faerie Uni fan.
Loves the colour red.
Fussy eater. Biography reader.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

I've Gone Circular

In a world without grace, You became mercy
In a world of sin and pointing fingers, You freely forgave
You became the answer to the contradiction
Because You made the hardest decision

You didn't want to die nailed to a criminal's cross
Or bear sin's filthy burden upon Your shoulders
You asked the Father if there was another way
But still, You willingly obeyed, for You are the way

I've gone circular
Got into a love triangle
With God and the devil

I've gone circular
Don't be square
Enclosed by religion

Though I may fall
Still I will call
Upon the Name
Which saves my soul


- James Lin Yuxi -


Book of Books

There's only one Book I will read over and over again
A Book that I put my trust fully in and keep close to my heart
There's only one Book I will clutch in my hands in troubled times
A Book that brings tears of joy and mirth of sorrow

It's Your Word, It's Your Word
That proclaims a way out of living hell called Earth
And translated the Love from above

It's Your Word, It's Your Word
Which sustains me when I fall short of Your glory
And gives me rest from weariness and worry

Send me across the street
To the boy, to the girl you want to reach
Send me across the world
To the tribe and tongue not yet redeemed

- James Lin Yuxi -


Awestruck

My toes tremble when you're around
I can barely stand on my feet
When I'm near you, I don't make a sound
And my heart skips a beat

I linger around to see more of you
My eyes follow you wherever you go
Though I am standing still


My stomach and my guts, they flutter
Along with a heart soft as butter
I stutter and I mutter
Words I don't usually utter

You're the only one I always think of
When I'm alone and close my eyes
Your face is always on the back of my mind

It's hard to imagine life without you
Days of not smelling your breath in the morning
When the cold wind caresses my fingertips
I can almost feel your skin on my lips


- James Lin Yuxi -


Sober Reign

What if I can't go the distance
What if I haven't learnt to fly
What if I am just a butterfly
Frankly, this world's too big for a little guy

Dangerously close to breaking down
Coming nowhere near to sanity
Pondering late sorrows
And finding life's difficult answers


You point your fingers at me
And then place them on my lips
Churning out excuses foolishly thin
You left a sour taste in my mouth


I lost my soul; am I broken
Where did it go; I'll never know
I've tasted the bitter, I've tasted the sweet
To realise that life is bittersweet


I've got a stud in my ear
And a hole in my heart
I've a cigar in my mouth
And a soul full of trash

I choose darkness over light
To take rest in false comfort
Rather than to stare
At a glory so bright it glares

I've locked my doors and threw away the keys
Built up my walls high and sealed the windows
Like a kingdom city sovereign
I shall be who I want to be


- James Lin Yuxi -

No comments:

skeletons in my closet